If there was ever a day to come to Bear River and see the wide array of art and craft, Sat. Nov 30 is the day! Buy local, buy handmade and eat homemade food.
Not only is this the 11th Bear River Holiday Spirit Craft Show where over 20 artists, soapmakers, and fine craftspersons have treasures waiting; that event has morphed into a village wide event. We await your visit.
In the Oakdene Centre:
- Over 30 tables of fine artisans upstairs in the auditorium
- 8 artists of the Bear River Artworks Gallery with new works for sale (main floor)
- Art Exhibition “Becoming the Ocean” on the main floor
- Bear River Museum with displays plus hosting Friends of Ferals with catnip gifts
- A Silken Tree offers funky retro clothing and jewelry and art
- Homemade soup, chili and baked goods will be served upstairs in the auditorium/craft show/sale room.
In the village:
- Sissiboo Coffee with delicious coffee, hot chocolate and cool coffee gadgets
- Both craft/art shops The Flight of Fancy and Blue Mind Gallery will be open.
- Tall Sips on Stilts Tavern feature musicians Gerry Thurber in afternoon and Jocelyn Wallace and the Windy Woods in the evening.
- The Bear River Legion craft and bake sale. New Horizons tea and baked goods.
Bear River First Nation:
- Christmas Craft Fair @ Bear River Cultural Centre 194 Reservation Road.
10am – 2pm
Bear River Artworks Gallery
photography, paintings, dolls, tree decorations, cards, jewelry, bags and gifts.