D.B.Kenney Fisheries (2014) Ltd. is looking for a permanent maintenance worker, someone who enjoys small island life and is good with their hands, a jack of all trades. All combinations of education and experience will be considered.
D.B. Kenney Fisheries (2014) Ltd. has a very diverse set of facilities; our main operation is in Westport, Nova Scotia which consists of two state of the art lobster pounds and a very modern fish processing plant.
- Assist with installation, repair and upkeep of company property including, machines, equipment, mechanical systems, building and other structures.
- Daily inspection of water temperatures and pressure readings of salt water pumps and tanks.
- Maintenance and monitoring of marine tanks and storage systems, pumps, generators, refrigeration units.
- Monitoring and reviewing information to detect or assess problems
- Maintaining a clean working environment
- Provide assistance with miscellaneous tasks around the facility
- Respond to emergency situations as they arise, maintain facility power during outages, priming pumps, etc.
Qualifications and Personal Suitability:
- Knowledge of maintenance practices, methods and materials.
- Ability to work safely and efficiently; knowledge of safety regulations and practices.
- Knowledge of electrical, hydraulic & mechanical systems, electronics, refrigeration, salt water pumps, and generators would all be considered an asset but not a requirement.
- Ability to anticipate, troubleshoot and solve problems
- Flexible, self-motivated, takes initiatives, and manages time appropriately.
This position requires the employee to live on Brier Island (rental house available) and have the ability to work flexible hours, on-call and weekends. If you have a mechanical aptitude with an interest in learning, D.B.Kenney Fisheries (2014) Ltd. is willing to train you and provide rewarding employment in a generous island community.
If interested please contact:
Steven Lombard: firstname.lastname@example.org 1(902)-839-2023