Cheryl Stone is offering a Dig-Your-Own-Flowers in her cut flower field on Sissiboo Road. There is a $15.00 minimum donation which will go to the Oakdene Centre to help with repairs. You can have as many plants as you want for for the donation price. There are many great plants out there! Come one, come all. Spread the word! Tell your friends! Please forward the email.
Call Cheryl to schedule a time. 467-0337
**The only exception to this dig will be Cheryl’s peonies which will be moved at the appropriate time, and one row of currants and trees. They will not be available in this dig.
So, bring shovels, garden forks, and axe (she’s serious) or whatever tools you think you’ll need.(bug repellant, etc…) Also, containers or bags to put the plants in. Bring a truck or trailer if you wish!
You pay first, then dig! If you’d like to put in more than $15.00, great! It all goes to the Oakdene. Any donation of $50.00 or more will receive a free box of lilies. A 20.00 value.
Here is a list of the available plants:
- siberian Iris- all different colours including butter and cream
- Globe thistle-echinops
- penstemon-huskers red
- phlox- orange perfection
- bearded iris
- balloon flower
- maltese cross
- whorled yellow loosestrife
- painted daisy-2 or 3 colour variations
- russian sage
- Joe pye weed
- crocosmia- 2 different varieties
- shasta daisy
- lavender-large shrubs
- some liles-asiatic and oriental- dig deep!
- ornamental grass- miscanthus giganthus and zebra
- meadow rue
- fall asters-they’re hiding
- yellow basket flower- centurea macrocephala